The overall objective is an in-depth education of molecular and cellular basics in the operation of the human organ system as well as pathogenesis and therapy of human diseases. One focus of the education will be in the fields of drug research, cardiovascular research and oncology/immunology.
Through broad professional education and teaching of different methodical and conceptional areas, students will learn to individually perform research in basic sciences as well as clinical-translational research (klinisch-translationale Forschung) in molecular medicine.
The Masters program in molecular medicine will convey students the required knowledge and skills, train individual scientific thinking and lead to responsible behavior as a Scientist.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Science or Molecular Medicine ora degree in Human Medicine ora successful passed comparable degree in a related or comparable study programme like f.ex. Biochemistry, Biology (with a standard study period of at least 6 semesters)
- Good English language skills (niveau B1) are to be proven by:
1. high school diploma (A-levels diploma), or
2. corresponding high school certificates and transcripts rated no lower than "adequate" (4.0), or
3. certification of classes in english 5 years, or
4. certification of successfully completed language courses (with at least 120 proven hours of instruction time) from a German and/or or foreign university, or
5. lecturers (or other experts) report on language proficiency acquired through international residency, university language courses, or self-study; or
6. other certificate recognized as equivalent by the selection committee.
- Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skillsaccording to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
If the university entrance qualification for the consecutive Master’s programme (namely the Bachelor’s degree) has not yet been completed, you can apply for the programme with a transcript of records on the basis of at least 144 credit points. This provisional certificate must be issued by an office authorised to award grades or issue certificates. If a student is admitted, this will be on a provisional basis.
Mode of admission
Admission will be not restricted. Admission is about selection interviews.
|Goethe Goes Global
||Goethe University offers scholarships for this Master programme. Eligible for application are candidates from all over the world who have obtained a degree from a university outside Germany.
Program taught in: